California law requires all public water systems to prepare Consumer Confidence Reports (CCRs) and distribute them to customers by July 1 of every year for the previous year. The reports compare the water systems’ water quality with standards established by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and the California State Water Resources Control Board, Division of Drinking Water. They also include drinking water sources, public health information, and the levels of substances detected in the water. The superior performance of California Water Association (CWA) member companies in delivering high-quality, reliable water to their customers is evidenced in these comprehensive, easy-to-understand CCRs.
In a recent press release, California American Water President Rich Svindland said, “We are pleased to announce that our 2018 reports demonstrate excellent water quality that meet and exceed all regulatory standards. We hope that customers will find these reports as educational and helpful in answering the questions they may have about the state of their water.”
California Water Service (Cal Water) encourages customers to learn about their local water supplies by reviewing the CCRs. In a recent press release, Cal Water’s Local Manager Steve Johnson explained, “Providing our customers a safe, reliable, and high-quality water supply is our top priority, and we are proud to announce that we met all primary and secondary state and federal water quality standards for all of our systems last year. We encourage our customers to take a look at their 2018 CCRs to get a better understanding of how their water is treated and tested, and how Cal Water is working to make good things happen for our local customers.”
Water Quality Reports for CWA’s Class A member companies are available online at:
- California American Water: https://amwater.com/caaw/water-quality.
- California Water Service: https://www.calwater.com/waterquality/water-quality-reports/
- Golden State Water Company: https://www.gswater.com/annual-water-quality-reports/
- Great Oaks Water Company: https://www.greatoakswater.com/CCRs/2018ccr.pdf.
- Liberty Utilities: https://california.libertyutilities.com/portola/residential/rates-and-tariffs/reports.html.
- San Gabriel Valley Company: https://www.sgvwater.com/water-quality-supply/water-quality-reports/
- San Jose Water: https://www.sjwater.com/ccr
- Suburban Water Systems: http://www.swwc.com/suburban/water-quality/