Procurement Opportunities for Women, Minority, Disabled-Veteran, Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and Person with Disabilities Business Enterprises
Since 2009, CWA-member companies continue to grow the number of women, minority, disabled-veteran, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and person with disabilities business enterprises who are qualified to do business with regulated water utilities. CWA-member companies strive to develop mutually beneficial working relationships with contractors and recognize that they are essential to everyone’s future growth and success.
Regulated water utilities are interested in contractors who can add value to their supply chain and can demonstrate:
- A firm understanding of the water utility sector
- Core competency in the product or service provided
- Excellent past performance with customers
- Solid financial standing
- Scalability to meet growth changes within the business
- Support of our diverse subcontracting program
Tips for doing business with regulated water utilities:
- Review the web sites of regulated water utilities to learn about specific requirements for doing business with each company.
- Though requirements vary with each company, they may include a new supplier registration form or profile, proof of appropriate insurance coverage, applicable business or trade licenses, financial statements and proof of current diverse-business certification.
- Participate in CWA’s annual contractor-vendor meetings in Northern and Southern California.
I would like to give my testimonial on my experience working with California American Water. After working construction for over 20 years in the waterworks industry, it has been an excellent experience working with the employees of California American Water at all levels. Starting with Deanna Vanwey, supplier diversity, to Al Yanez, Operations Superintendent, and Matthew Lasecki, Senior Project Manager. (And many more.) The above employees have high expectations from all their workers and subcontractors. It shows in the professionalism working with them and for them. They never hesitate to make it clear their expectations, and they are never too busy to answer any questions to make sure all jobs are completed with the highest efficiency possible. Innocenti Construction, Inc. feels very fortunate to working for such a high caliber water company. And we look forward to the opportunity to provide many more years of quality service for this company.
– Julie Innocenti, Innocenti Construction, Inc.
Salinas Pump Company is engaged in the business of water well drilling and pump installation/repairs. We are very proud of our association with California American Water Company. Our relationship dates back over 35 years. Three generations of our family have worked side by side with Cal-Am employees from the Monterey Division. These people are hardworking, dedicated members of the communities they serve. It is our pleasure to assist their efforts to provide the public a safe and reliable supply of water.
– Pam Thornton, Owner, Salinas Pump Company
Water Systems Consulting, Inc. (WSC) has been providing civil and environmental engineering services to California American Water since the company was founded in 2007. WSC’s services include planning, project management, design and construction management for water and wastewater systems throughout the state. California American Water has been, and continues to be one of WSC’s most important clients, and the opportunities California American Water has provided have been instrumental in supporting the strength and growth of WSC. WSC values the business partnership it has with California American Water, and is committed to serving California American Water for the benefit of its ratepayers and shareholders.
– Jeffery M. Szytel, P.E., Water Systems Consulting, Inc.
CWA Supplier Diversity Contact Information:
California American Water
Edward A Simon II (He/Him/His), MSc Executive Leadership – NDC CDP
Director, Business Performance and Supplier Diversity
California Water Service
Jose G Espinoza
Supplier Diversity Program Manager
Golden State Water Company
Michael A. Moss, II
Supplier Diversity Manager
(909) 394-3600 x662
Liberty Utilities West Region
Program Manager, Supplier Diversity
San Gabriel Valley Water Company
Supplier Diversity and Procurement Manager
Suburban Water Systems