Join us during this year’s Spring Conference May 11-12, 2023 in Sacramento!
- CWA A & B Members – $300.00
- CWA C & D Members – $150.00
- Government Employee – $100.00
- Student – $100.00
- Industry Partners – $250.00
- Non-members – $350.00
You must register by May 11, 2023.
Please have your method of payment ready when you register.
We also welcome all attendees to join us for a hosted reception at an offsite location on May 11 at 5:30 pm – 7:30 pm.
California Water Association 2023 Spring Conference
The Kimpton Sawyer Hotel
May 11 – 12, 2023
The Kimpton Sawyer Hotel
500 J Street
Sacramento, CA 95814
You can find the details on how to get to the venue on a local map.
Distance from airport to hotel: 10.2 miles. Get directions.
NOTE: If you have problems with links on this page or with making your hotel reservation, please send a message to email@example.com.
Hotel reservation deadline: April 19, 2023
Hotel block available dates: March 1, 2023 – April 19, 2023
- Hotel room rates: Single/Double – $245.00 – Rates do not include taxes and fees.
- Additional fees:
- Valet parking rate $37/day.
- One time $5 charge for guest internet, pre and post meeting baggage storage, printing documents and boarding passes (up to 10 pages), all individual porterage charges.
- Housekeeping rate $3/day.
- Check in time: 4:00 PM/Check out time: 11:00 AM.
- Cancellation policy: You must cancel by 3:00 p.m. local hotel time 48 hours before your scheduled arrival to avoid a charge of one night’s room and tax to your card. Please note that for special rates, packages and certain seasons, this policy is subject to change.
- All reservations must be guaranteed by credit card at time of booking.
Download the 2023 CWA Spring Conference Agenda.
Thursday, May 11, 2023
5:30 pm: Opening Reception at Flatstick Pub, 630 K Street
Friday, May 12, 2023, Time: 8:00 am – 4:30 pm
8:00 am: Welcome, Tim Guster, 1st Vice President, California Water Association
8:10 am: Opening Speaker Katie McCleary and Jennifer Edwards, How to Bridge The Gap
9:10 am: National Partnerships
Moderator: Rami Kahlon, California Water Service
- Renee Willette, US Water Alliance
- Rik Hull, National Association of Water Companies
- Regina Davis, National Association of Regulated Utility Commissioners
10:05 am: Tribal Partnerships
Moderator: CPUC Commissioner Darcie Houck (invited) or Ed Jackson, Liberty Utilities
- Tracy Stanhoff, American Indian Chamber of Commerce of California
- Anecita Agustinez, Department of Water Resources
- Kenneth Holbrook, CPUC Tribal Liaison
10:50 am: Regulatory Partnerships
Moderator: Carmelitha Bordelon, Suburban Water Systems
- Darrin Polhemus, State Water Resources Control Board
- Terence Shia, California Public Utilities Commission
11:25 am: Diversity Partnerships
Moderator: Jeanette Diaz, San Gabriel Valley Water
- Debra Lucero, WELLo, Water Education for Latino Leaders
- Darryl Lucian, California African American Water Education Foundation
- Meghan Roberts, Association of Women in Water, Energy and the Environment
1:05 pm: State Legislative Partnerships: Senator Angelique Ashby, Sacramento, CA
1:20 pm: Environmental Justice Partnerships
Moderator: Dawn White, Golden State Water
- Jennifer Clary, Clean Water Action
- TBD, Community Water Center
- Michael Claiborne, Leadership Counsel for Justice and Accountability
2:05 pm: NGO Partnerships
Moderator: Lauren James, Suburban Water Systems
- Tia Fleming, California Water Efficiency Partnership
- Jennifer Bowles, Water Education Foundation
- Ed Ossan, Natural Resource Defense Council
3:00 pm: Educational Partnerships
Moderator: Justin Skarb, California Water Service
- Caitlin Peterson, Public Policy Institute of California
- Erik Porse, University of California, California Institute for Water Resources
- Greg Pierce, UCLA, Luskin Policy
3:45 pm: State Partnerships
Moderator: Kaitlyn Johnson, Political Solutions
- Adam Quinonez, Association of California Water Agencies
- Danielle Blacet, California Municipal Utilities Association
- Sue Mosburg, American Water Works Association – CA NV
- Karina Cervantes, Cal Mutuals